How does this differ from the Devi Yoga Workshop?
This is an actual teacher training program. It is 2 days. You learn everything in the workshop but from the perspective of learning how to teach it to others. We cover the same Goddesses and everything in much more in depth. Below is the material we cover- but remember you learn how to share this.
- About 14 Primary Goddesses and their associated qualities (ie. Lakshmi: bringing in good fortune, Kali: letting go of what no longer serves; Radha: Divine Love)
- How to strengthen these qualities in you for greater wholeness, peace, healing
- Postures or movements for each Goddess (which result in a sequence which creates a class)
- Mantras associated with each Goddess
- Meditations to Connect with each Goddess
- Mudras (hand gestures that activate various energy centers)
- Chakra Balancing for yourself
- Pranayama Practice (breathing)
- How Devi Yoga can help common women’s health issues
- Plant medicines that can help common women’s health concerns
- Self care practices for women to support healing and increased energy
Which Goddesses do we learn about?
From the Indian Tradition:
From the Tibetan Tradition:
- Green Tara
- White Tara
From the Chinese Tradition:
From the Egyptian Tradition:
From the Greek Tradition:
Can I incorporate Devi Yoga into my movement classes once I take this training?
Yes. This training gives you the skills to be able to share Devi Yoga as a ceremonial movement practice with others.
Can men and women take this training?
Yes, it is open to everyone who is interested in learning.
What makes this movement practice unique?
The focus is on honoring and awakening the divine feminine within to create peace, happiness and well-being in body-mind-spirit.